Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hello there

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Nah, I did not die from the plane crash.

Perth's lovely. It is the summer here and so the heat is really bothering me. Today's temperature is 36 degrees clesius, but thank god I stayed indoors most of the time today.

Last tuesday, it was a high 39 degrees and I guess because I am still not used to the summer yet, I fell sick. My temperature shot to meet the day's highest temperature and I felt so miserable. It really sucks being sick and being away from your loved ones. I was homesick as well, so I just cried and cried throughout the whole night. I miss my mum, my dad, sexyxiang, Kwan, conan, my bed, my aircon, the pool, shopping in Orchard Road, mummy's soup, laksa, channel 8 and my life in Singapore.

I guess this is part and parcel of being abroad. I haven't been away from my parents for more than 2 weeks, I do not want to behave like a baby but I was so tempeted to call them and ask them to stay with me for a couple of weeks.

I miss my life in Singapore.

---

Curtin is great. It is so bloody big that I have to walk for 10 minutes to get from one class to another. I am joining the gym, yoga, bellydancing and maybe fencing. Ken says fencing is cool. I am still deciding. There is a guild in Curtin and you can get special offers if you present your Guild membership. Isn't that cool? Especially when food from the cafeteria is so bloody expensive. A small serving of pasta costs like 7 bucks, bottle of Light Coke costs $2.40. Do not forget the exchange rate of 1.2. Damm.

I love the television programmes on Fox 8. There is South Park, The Family Guy, The Simpsons and truckloads of other great TV programmes!

I miss you guys so much. Take care.

Adieu.

8:55 PM | comments (2)

2 Comments

at 10:46 PM Blogger uhlainey said...

i'm glad you're alright there! hang on! i know how it feels like to be homesick.. take care too! and get well soon! :D

<3

 
at 8:14 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you take care there alrite :)

 

Post a Comment



About

Archives

Links

Others