Saturday, March 25, 2006

Missing out.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Has been more than a month since I left Singapore.

Loads of stuff happened back home when I was not around, like the Sec One Orientation Camp and the Sports Day. I guess that is part of me saying 'Goodbye' to my life in Singapore. Looking at the pictures from the camp, the experiences that my friends shared with, the happiness of my juniors, I wish I could be there to share the fun and to rejoice with them.

Being part of the planning team for last year's Sec One camp was amazing. Though there were a great amount of work to be done, I enjoyed every moment of planning, managing and executing. Those two nights, planners had debreifs till about 2am, and had to wake up early to set up everything. I remember the second day of the camp last year. It was the team building day. I had six stations to patrol the whole day, making sure that everything was going accordingly to plan. After the camp, some sec 1s would just come up and talk to me, to say 'Hi'. I felt good, as I knew, in some way or other, I have made an impact on their lives.

Last year's Sports Day was great. In fact, I can say that it was the best Sports Day I had. I was really pleased to get the trophy I aimed for all my secondary school life. For every race, I ran my heart out and enjoyed the whole experience. I love my relay mates as they were there to complete the race with me, and am extremely thankful to my friends cheering on me during my race.

Encouragements mean a lot to me. Especially when it comes to running. I often find myself running a little faster when I am with someone else. When there is someone to compete, to keep up and to enjoy the run with.

During races, it feels so good to have people who cares for you, cheering loudly on the grandstand. It motivates and keeps me going.


I can't wait to get back. I miss sambal kangkong, laksa, Hainanese chicken rice, the dark carrot cake, Ba Chor Mee, Rojak, mummy's chicken porridge and soup, Kwan's cooking, the late night Bak Ku Teh, Yu Kee's duck rice and Whampoa's yummalicious calorious oyster omelettle.

Oh my god, I am salivating.

20 days more.
Adieu.

9:05 PM | comments (3)

3 Comments

at 3:02 AM Blogger sarahjaney said...

PREMA GOVINDASWARY!
HAHAHA
miss u a bunch!
all ur nonsense..
doing well in aussie i guess.
dont worry..
u didnt miss out much either!

when will u be back?!?!

 
at 3:03 AM Blogger sarahjaney said...

HEY PREMA GOVINDASWARY!!
I REMEMBERED OKAYY..
i still haf ur namecard by the way.
DONT WORRY
u havent missed much of the events.
same usual stuffs

anyway!
TAKE CARE THERE!
run away from solar panels!

when will u be back!?!

 
at 10:42 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

only 20 days more n u're back? whoa thats fast! haha. i like reading ur blog wan wen. really interesting. and as u tell readers bout ur life in aus now. (: take care there k!

 

Post a Comment



About

Archives

Links

Others