Friday, August 18, 2006

Seventeen

Friday, August 18, 2006

I am really glad that this year's birthday was not such a fiasco. I had to fix dinner that evening and was left jaded. The boys surprised me with a cake as they came down for dinner. Well, they did wish me a 'Happy Birthday' in the morning before leaving for school, but I did not expect them to get me a cake cause it kinda seems like a female thing to do. Alvin got me something that made me turn red and Kwan sang me a birthday song. And thanks a lot to my friends who made my day special. =)

Well, I think being seventeen is just a pit stop between sixteen and eighteen.

When you are sixteen, you can watch NC16 movies and have sex.

When you are eighteen, you can buy your own alcoholic drink, smoke, watch M18 movies, drive, and hey you are LEGAL.

17. No longer a child anymore, but not yet a woman. Ruminating on my past, I made several erroneous judgments and took a few wrong paths in my life. Last year was pretty intense. Hooked up with the wrong guy, lost my best friend, almost lost another, got to know others better from a different perspective and made a couple of great friends. Going through the rough patches last year has definitely made me a stronger person. But I felt that it made it a lot difficult to trust and confide to another person wholeheartedly again. The disappointment, tears, heartaches, unfortunately left me jaded and wretched.

I had enough of the drama last year, and I do miss her a lot. It is such a pity that things ended up so ugly between us. Well, there is no point crying over spilt milk, one can only learn from the mistake, move on and be sure of not repeating it again.

The sun will always shine after the rain. I am glad that I got to see the rainbow as well. It is lovely having Kwan in my life, to hold and sway under the stars.

9:18 PM | comments (0)

0 Comments

Post a Comment



About

Archives

Links

Others