Sunday, October 01, 2006

Monomania

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mom and Dad left this afternoon.

They came to visit on wedenesday, to settle my accomodations next year and to see me and my brother, Cong. I stayed with them over at the hotel these few days and took a break from the house. We went shopping and yes, I freaking spent/splurged over 4 digits on clothes. We went to Harbour Town- the factory outlet stores and I sort of went crazy and poof, walked out of the stores with bags of summer dresses, Nike sports wear, summer shorts and some tops. They were bloody cheap tho. I got two dresses from SoHo at about 90 dollars each only. A eyelet shift dress and a babydoll black and white heart-dotted dress. Damn gorgeous. Got a pair of red flats at $29.90 there and when I went back to the city, I saw the very same pair retailing at $40. Good steal. =) I went to Cue as well. My gosh. I totally dig Cue's Spring/Summer collection. Got a striped bubble dress and a chiffon see-through top there. Totally screams SUMMER!

---
Back to my topic. I miss my parents.

I have not seen them for a little more than two months since I left Singapore. It is sort of the longest period of time me being away from home. So saying goodbye to them again this afternoon made me cry again. I HATE saying goodbyes, and I am not good at saying goodbyes. Especially to my parents. When I was a younger and much more foolish, I did not really appreciate them as much as I do now. I suppose it is because of homesickness and fuck, I have been away from home for more than two months already, and have got another 50 days more or so to go.

I kinda felt protective of my mom when she was over. Like when the West Coast Eagles won, the streets went crazy. The abros were like 'FUCK EAGLES! GO SYDNEY!!!' People were like getting wasted, flashing their boobs and stuff, so I was worried that my mom might get hurt or get mugged. Lol, My mom's like my best friend. Only that there are some stuff I cannot tell her, so there. But yes, I LOVE my mom. She is so cute. Like the oldladyish cuteness. She can get quite lame sometimes and I'd just roll my eyes and say 'MOM'. Lol, parents can be embarassing sometimes, but I think it is rather cute.

---
7/10/06

Okay, I kinda wrote the first part earlier cause when I wrote it on the day itself, I just kept crying and stuff. I was like in this big emotional mess cause I miss home and my parents, so there.

10:25 PM | comments (0)

0 Comments

Post a Comment



About

Archives

Links

Others