Thursday, September 20, 2007

yippie yay

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I was really delighted when I found out that I am on the vice chancellor's honour roll. I knew I did well for the last semester, but was not aware that I made it to the top 1 percent. Suddenly, I feel impelled to work harder and started thinking more about the possibilities. Of course, complacency kills and I would not let it get into my head and mess it up. With this extra incentive, I feel compelled to put in more effort into my studies. Dad was really glad when I told him, and of course, being the indulging father, he agreed to almost everything I asked (but he would not remember after a while). First, my mom promised me the MiuMiu Coffer bag, and now, my dad, the Balenciaga GH bag. Well, I would make sure they would not let it slip off their minds.

Anyway, I have been real busy with assignments. They are like a snow avalanche, driving me to madness and feeling unfit. After handing in my organisational behaviour assignment, I felt so much lighter and happier. To compensate the week of not exercising, I have been running for about 18 Km and approximately 30 to 40 miles of cycling in spin class for the past three to four days. I have gained quite a bit over the week when Kwan visited. Very minimal control over the food intake and it was pure indulgence. Beer, fish and chips, marmite chicken, full cream milk bubble tea. I think I've gained about 8 pounds over that week. I know, it's crazy and so unhealthy. But I've lost it all and back to usual, however, still going for about 6 more pounds.
I saw michelle over the weekend and oh god, she lost quite a bit of weight! So yes, I'm capable of it.

Enough of my incessant ranting about weight loss.
-----------
I've been reading the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, and enjoy it tremendously. Let's not start with Rice's literary prowess for we all know how godlike it is.

Vampires are such fascinating and enthralling creatures. They are gothic yet sensual. Terrifying yet romantic. Perhaps with immortality, nothing except companionship really matters to them. The protagonist of the series, Lestat is egoistic, brash yet alluring. However, I am more captivated by his fledging, Louis and the love that they share. Louis is the most 'humane' vampire of them all. His compassion for the human nature and reluctance to take in human blood makes him to enchanting. The conflict between his bloody thirst and conscience is tragic yet intriguing.

I guess we all yearn for everlasting love, and the thing with vampires is that they have all eternity to love and that it is absolutely riveting.

Okay, off for dinner.

6:02 PM | comments (0)

0 Comments

Post a Comment



About

Archives

Links

Others