Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday, October 22, 2007



My baby brother is here to visit. I went to Alvin's house to see him this afternoon after class. Anyway, I feel so liberated today. Finally! I've finished all the shitass assignments for this semester. Really, I think this sem's workload's pretty heavy, rather demanding and not very rewarding mentally. Also, I wore my mom's CK dress out for the first time today cause I had a major pitch to present, and I thought I looked very business-like in it. With my peep-toe heels, it adds to the omph factor. Also, I am convinced that God is a male because of heels.

It was good to see my brother. I've missed him a lot and was rather annoyed when I found our that he grew a few more inches in just a few months. But he's such an angel. I was just talking to him and Alvin during dinner about a horrible incident near my place; about an Asian girl who got raped and murdered by a Caucasian. So when it was time for me to head home, he hailed a cab for me and gave the driver a 50. How sweet! He's going to be such a good boyfriend! Also, I think he has a girlfriend. He has been acting weirdish whenever I ask him about it and then I saw this picture oh him and another girl who he has been seeing for quite some time. He always insisted that they were 'just friends'. Yeah right. You won't talk to a girl on the phone for hours on international roaming in a demure and gentle tone. You won't freaking ASK YOUR SISTER FOR AN INTERNATIONAL CALL CARD TO CALL 'YOUR FRIEND'. Well, I just think it's cute. It's nice to see both my brothers grow up and have girlfriends. It still seems pretty foreign because they are still such babies to me.

I went to Alvin's place and his room was a mess. He has a gay housemate which accordingly to Alvin, has a boyfriend who came over last night with a bottle of lube. Interesting.

I opened his fridge and was rather appalled.



There are several bags of chips in it, some parsley, cherry tomatoes, juice and sodas. It's um. hmm.


Then I also found out that Cong Xiang has cellulite!!!!!!!




He gladly lifted up his boxers and let me take a shot of it. Nice. That boy can be such an exhibitionist sometimes. Tsk tsk.

We had dinner at The Fishy Affairs. We ordered the house's Bread Plate with turkish bread, focaccia bread, garlic bread with hommus, sundried tomatoes and feta and garlic butter dips. We also had a Lobster bisque, Chilli Mussels and Kangaroo Steak with fig sauce and baked pumpkin.



The focaccia bread was really good. Very light and fluffy, just the way I like it. However, I found the dips too salty. The tahini in the hommus too overpowering and way too salty. Likewise with the tomato dip. The flavour of the tomato in the dip was overpowered by the feta cheese.

The lobster bisque was the most disappointing. It was too thin and we could not even find a hint of lobster meat in it. We felt cheated and thought they used a premixed or something. So I asked the waitress if it's meant to be like that. Then, she told me that it is so and there are some customers who love it and others who hate it. In the end, she couldn't tell me if it was a premix or if they made it from scratch.

Well, I didn't manage to take a picture of the other foods as the boys were real hungry and ate immediately once it was set on the table.

The kangaroo steak was beautiful. The meat was tender and was cooked medium-rare. The way I like it. However I wasn't really crazy about the marinate. I'm not really a fan of figs, so I was not blown away.

Chilli Mussels were pretty good. But again, nothing really special.

After finishing our meal and feeling conned. We paid (90 bucks) and went to Valentino for dessert. After being seated, we waited for 10 minutes before someone came and serve us. The service was horrible once again. We ordered a hot chocolate for Xiang, a chocolate mud cake and creme brulee to share. The way the waitress served the dessert was appalling. She practically slammed the plate on the table. The creme brulee was good. Loves it. Mud cake was so so. Nothing spectacular.





Overall, we had a pretty bad dining experience this evening. Service was a real eye opener. Really, these people get at least $15 per hour, you would have at least expected something out of it.

Gay Pride Day Parade is on this weekend. I hope to be able to go watch it. I love the parades and the floats!

11:34 PM | comments (0)

0 Comments

Post a Comment



About

Archives

Links

Others