Friday, October 19, 2007

Online shopping and relationships

Friday, October 19, 2007

I have the habit of reflecting on my day and just drifting away in my thoughts right when I go to bed, sometimes I just slumber into the nights and sometimes I just can't stop thinking.

So last night I was up thinking, could online shopping and relationships be rudimentary?

My recent experience with online shopping was rather educational. I bought this dress from Le Tiger USA few weeks ago and received the package two days ago. I ordered a M and when I tried it on, it was too tacky and it didn't really suit me. It looks real good in the picture, but it looked a bit too sweet for my liking. The flares at the bottom too big and I look like a kid in it. So I wasn't really very happy about it.




Aren't relationships almost like purchasing clothings online? You don't know how it would look like on you in the end, you like it a lot, maybe even love it a lot, but in the end, it is not what you think it is. An expensive Marc Jacob top may look really gorgeous and luxurious, but when you rip off your FedEx package, you find that it looks dull, it is made in Hong Kong and makes you look 10 years older. Isn't it familiar? You see someone who looks amazing, you've heard loads of great things about her from your friends, you've seen her doing remarkable feats and you fall in love with her. She's perfect, and you decided to date her. Thereafter, you find that she has OCD, she is as green-eyed as much as she is coquettish, she is tough to handle and difficult to live with.

Dissatisfaction with online purchases, however can be resolved. You pack your purchase back in a package, fill up the form and ship it back to the merchant, or can alter your clothing if you find it too much of a hassle.

With relationships, it can be messier than Medusa's bad hair day. You may find yourself being bitten by the snakes within, end up getting hurt. You may be stoned, become quiescent and watch your life being snuffed before your eyes.


4:55 PM | comments (1)

1 Comments

at 12:44 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

care to elaborate on relationship?

 

Post a Comment



About

Archives

Links

Others